Doctors know many details about cancer but very little about how to prevent and fight cancer naturally. There are many treatments available for this deadly disease – conventional, alternative, and complimentary – and some of them are fiercely debated.
There are two things everyone should be on the same page about:
- The first is prevention – taking steps to protect your body from getting the disease in the first place. Making valid changes that measurably lower your personal risk.
- The second is how to fight – bringing every weapon to bear against the disease if it does develop. Using everything at your disposal to kill the disease and save your life.
Alternative doctors know (and understand) that some patients will seek the often deadly “three pillars” of surgery, chemotherapy, or radiation in their fight against cancer.
Conventional doctors, on the other hand, are appalled (and even offended) when their patients embrace homeopathic solutions in their diet and lifestyle to try to beat the cancer. Even therapies that have zero impact on their standard treatment are mocked.
It’s a reaction that never ceases to amaze me. Throw everything at cancer! Fight cancer naturally and/or conventionally – whatever it takes to win.
The Cancer Epidemic is Preventable!
Part of my frustration with cancer is that every doctor (natural and otherwise) and scientist is fully aware that at least half of all cancer cases (14 million globally in 2012) are preventable.
You read that correctly.
In 2012, 8.8 million people were killed by cancer and experts around the world agree – at least half of them could have been saved through prevention. 4.4 million lives saved through prevention within a single calendar year.
According to the World Health Organization (WHO) cancer cases are expected to rise by 70% over the next two decades!
What do I mean by prevention? It’s simple. There are 5 preventable, reversible, and fixable risk factors that contribute to more instances of cancer than any others.
5 Most Common Risk Factors for Cancer
- Being overweight or obese
- Consuming too little fruits and vegetables (poor diet)
- Living a sedentary lifestyle
- Excess alcohol consumption (more than 2/day for men, 1/day for women)
- Tobacco use (smoking accounts for 22% of all cancer deaths)
Fixing these five risk factors after you’ve been diagnosed with cancer are also valid and effective ways to fight cancer naturally! Anyone who’s fought cancer and won will tell you it takes everything to beat it. Top to bottom life change.
If you think cancer isn’t something you need to worry about, read the following 9 facts to be on the safe side. Know your risk, know the facts, know your potential enemy!
7 Scientifically Proven Cancer Facts
- The three leading causes of cancer death in men are lung cancer (52%), prostate cancer (19%), and colorectal cancer (17%). 90% of all lung cancer deaths are tobacco related.
- The three leading causes of cancer death in women are lung cancer (34%), breast cancer (20%), and colorectal cancer (12%). 90% of all lung cancer deaths are tobacco related.
- Cancer risk increases as you age. Approximately 75% of cancer cases occur in people who are age 55 or older.
- Some cancers have no symptoms at the initial location. It’s only when these cancers spread to other areas of the body (metastasize) that symptoms occur. This is particularly true with colorectal, lung, or ovarian cancers.
- Most cancer risk is not inherited. Only 5-10% of all cancers are genetic. If you have immediate family who has been diagnosed with cancer, get regular screenings. Your biggest risks will always be diet and lifestyle.
- Cancer risk is substantially higher in people who have prolonged sleep deficiency. It disrupts basic immune function and ramps up systemic inflammation.
- Your cells are supposed to self-destruct when they become damaged. Cancer cells do not. There are foods that stimulate apoptosis in cancer cells and help you fight cancer naturally. Some of these are turmeric, green tea, and different varieties of berries.
I can’t say it enough. I truly can’t.
You have the power to prevent and fight cancer naturally. Through your habits, your diet, even your sleep patterns. Everything you do – all of it – raises or lowers your personal risk.
Learn more about beating this deadly (and growing) killer in my book “Cancer Research Secrets” right now and start down the path to kicking cancer out (and keeping it out) for good!