Type 2 diabetes is an epidemic around the world as the Western diet slowly floods the globe. The World Health Organization (WHO) states that 347 million people currently have diabetes and that diabetes was the cause of more than 1.5 million deaths in 2012 alone.
There was a time when this particular disease was specific to adults. However, with the growing occurrences of childhood obesity, young people are now being diagnosed with type 2 at an alarming rate.
Did you know that 90% of diabetics have type 2 and that 100% of type 2 diabetes diagnosed cases are both preventable and reversible?
This disease affects every organ in your body, damaging cells and raising your risk of heart disease, kidney disease, neuropathy (nerve damage), blindness, and death. That’s right, if you have diabetes, you are twice as likely to die as people your age who don’t have the disease.
It is underreported as the cause of death (ranking as the 7th leading cause in the United States) because more than half of diabetics die from heart attack or stroke due to diabetes complications.
Leading Risk Factors for Type 2 Diabetes
- Physical inactivity
- Poor diet
Each of the major risk factors for type 2 diabetes is lifestyle related. That means it can be prevented with healthy lifestyle choices and if you are diagnosed, it can be reversed by making the right choices for your body and sticking to it.
How to reverse diabetes is so simple that it makes you wonder why this disease is an epidemic in the first place! These methods are free! There is time to change the dangerous tide of type 2 diabetes around the world!
1-in-5 people have a chance of developing type 2 diabetes in their lifetime.
Guess what those risk factors listed above also give you? Chronic inflammation. The root of all evil, as far as I’m concerned, when it comes to your health.
Chronic inflammation increases your risk of disease in every cell in your body and will kill you as sure as a gun. Obesity leads to greater inflammation (read my article on that here), as do lack of exercise, improper nutrition, and smoking.
New studies have found that people who are obese have different gut flora than people who maintain a healthy body weight. Leaner people have more beneficial gut bacteria that help promote good digestive system health, which helps you absorb nutrients more efficiently and flushes toxins from your body.
Without good gut flora and excessive inflammation, you’re piloting a sinking ship. You have to start reversing the damage from head to toe and you need to start today.
Reduce Inflammation and Prevent Disease – Including Type 2 Diabetes
• Weight: The pounds have to come off for you to live the life you are meant to live. Your heart, your digestive system, your brain, and every cell in between will thank you. Obesity is linked to dozens of serious diseases. Much like type 2 diabetes, experts estimate that many causes of death should list “obesity” rather than diabetes, heart disease, or cancer.
Those pounds are weighing you down in ways you might not realize for another ten or twenty years. Get rid of them to have the quality of life you deserve.
• Diet: Get rid the refined sugar, refined flour, and ridiculous amounts of simple carbohydrates found in over-processed foods.
Stop consuming hydrogenated oils such as margarine and all vegetable oils. Replace all the garbage with organic fruits and vegetables, grain-fed beef, probiotic yogurt, and fermented foods (such as kefir and natto). Fast food is a fast way to destroy your health.
• Exercise: No more excuses! You don’t have to train as if you’re an Olympic athlete but you have to move to keep your body healthy. You already know this so start small. Stretching exercises and short walks – something every day to change sedentary habits.
• Sleep: A simple and wonderful way for your body to lower inflammation, repair damaged tissue, produce new cells, and allow your brain to rest is getting eight hours of sleep every night. I’ve written extensively on this life-changing habit.
• Smoking: It’s dangerous. It’s expensive. It will kill you. The nicotine habit can be as difficult to quit as hard drugs but you simply must find a way. Every puff takes a little bit more from you. Take back control of your life and your health by dropping the tobacco!
Learning how to reverse diabetes, how to reduce inflammation, and how to live a longer and healthier life is all connected. All of these things – lifestyle habits that are within your control – are the leading causes of chronic illness, disease, and death.
So simple… yet the epidemic continues to rage on and the statistics for sickness and mortality continue to climb.
Don’t be a statistic. Take back control of your life and your health right now.